The US government has just given Shell approval to restart drilling in the Arctic despite repeated warnings from environmentalists that it could lead to an ecological disaster.
1) Organize environmentalists and supporters to put pressure on their federal legislators to reverse this decision. 2) Lobby for greater protections of the Arctic to make it impossible for companies like Shell to drill there.
TAKE ACTION ON THIS IDEA
Once your idea has 3 stars it’s marked as actionable. Here are some tools to get you started:
- Collaborate in our forums!
- Host an event, or find an event near you
- Promote an action happening in your community or online
- Tell us about your Twitter action
- Add a shareable image or check out the ones that have been added
- Start a petition in a few easy steps