Climate denial is a key obstacle to building support for action on climate change. Well-funded, media-savvy organizations such as the Heartland Institute sponsor climate denial conferences, fund climate “experts” and coordinate messaging for politicians and others who oppose action to stop climate change.
1. Put pressure on media (print, online, and televised) to stop giving climate denial a megaphone. And push back hard against misleading or false information on climate change through social media, letters to the editor, etc… 2. Expose the funding sources of Heartland Institute and other key climate-denial organizations and pressure corporations and other funders to sever ties with them.
TAKE ACTION ON THIS IDEA
Once your idea has 3 stars it’s marked as actionable. Here are some tools to get you started:
- Collaborate in our forums!
- Host an event, or find an event near you
- Promote an action happening in your community or online
- Tell us about your Twitter action
- Add a shareable image or check out the ones that have been added
- Start a petition in a few easy steps